Followers

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Christmas Rose

This weeks Challenge over at My Time To Craft is Non Traditional Colours, and at In The Pink it's Gonna Be A Pink Christmas, I think that this card will fit both of those challenges. The stamp is the Christmas Rose Script set from Chocolate Baroque, stamped out three times with Memento black onyx, and coloured using water colour pencils. I cut into two of the images so that I could decoupage them. The background was made by blending spun sugar and seedless preserves distress inks and then over stamping with the small flower from the set using the seedless preserves. The sentiment has been stamped using the seedless preserves and all of this was mounted onto some holographic silver mirri card. The wide ribbon I've used was some that I've had in my stash for a while, and is the type that has wire in it.



Thank you for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

5 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous Sue ! Love the pinks & the Christmas Rose. It looks so fabulous decoupaged. Hope your week is going well ! Shirleyx

Miranda said...

Hi Sue, again a beautie! I have this set waiting for me to put on EZ mount.I love the Christmas rose, they come in so many colour variations, great decoupaging and lovely ribbon, warm greet mirandax

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

The decoupage is wonderful Sue - the flowers really do "pop" out from the background. A very classy and elegant card.

Thank you for joining us at In The Pink - do pop by again.
Sylvia x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh this is gorgeous, love the colour & the layout!

Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Christine L said...

Gorgeous card Sue... love that decoupaged Christmas rose... and it really looks perfect against the script.

Thanks for sharing with us at In The Pink... hope to see you here again soon!

Hugs
Christine x