Followers

Friday 28 March 2014

A Few Thank You Cards

My Daughter asked me to make her a few Thank you cards for her and hubby to send to their Guests. When I asked her how many she wanted, she replied 80 please, with 2 that were different than the rest. So far I've managed the 80, these were made with a picture of the Happy Couple on the front which I edged with an emerald green pen (this was the colour of the bridesmaids dresses).  Ive also managed to make one that was different, just one to go now. I used Chocolate Baroque Sunny Sunflowers stamp sheet for the different card, and I've kept it fairly simple. I stamped with black ink onto some white card with two different sized flowers, then went around the edge of the page with Crushed Curry ink from Stampin Up. I then placed a piece of ribbon across the middle of the card and mounted onto some black and matching yellow card. I then stamped the larger of the two flowers with versamark and embossed with black sparkle embossing powder, then coloured it with pro markers. I cut both out and added to the middle with a bit of glue gel. The thank you was cut out using Plantin Schoolbook cartridge and the cricut. I finished by mounting it all onto a white A5 card base.






This card was inspired by one that was made by Miranda, who is one of the DT member from Chocolate Baroque. Do check out her blog you won't be disappointed.


Thanks for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

6 comments:

Jo said...

Beautiful......fabulous sunflowers!
hugs Jo x

rachel said...

wow - your daughter didn;t ask for much did she lol!! Brilliant work Sue - well done you xx

Beryl said...

A beautiful Thank You card Sue - and what a star you are to make 80 of the photo ones. Well done.
Beryl xx

Aquarius said...

A mammoth task making 80 thankyou cards, well done. The sunflower one is lovely. so cheery.

Michelle J M said...

Beautiful Thank You cards Sue. The sunflowers are stunning. I did the same thing for my daughter, a photograph of them and red around the edge! Michelle x

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow Sue what a work!! But of course for a daugther a mum does everything!!! Great Thank you cards and I love your stamped card very much too, I wish the couple all the best in the world!!!

Greetings
Maria