Followers

Wednesday 30 May 2018

Bumble Bee

The challenge over on the Allsorts blog this week is Insects, Bugs, Bees and Butterflies and as I had this wonderful bee stamp from Indigo Blu sitting on my work space waiting to be used it would have been rude not to join in. I started with an A 5 card black which I rounded the corners off. Next I blended a background using distress inks and a stencil that looked like honeycomb (I think this came from Bee Crafty but there are so many similar ones out there it's hard to remember) . I then stamped the bee and added the flowers, which came from Inkylicious at the bottom and a sentiment , that came from Chocolate Baroque at the top. I stamped the bee out again on a piece of scrap and coloured it with sparkle pens after fussy cutting it out. I then used a little glue gel just to lift it slightly off of the card. I also added a little highlighting with a white gel pen.



Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

15 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful bright card!

Mrs A. said...

He is superb and you can really see the 3D effect on your card. Glad he is not real though and buzzing around! Lol. Hugs Mrs A.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A fabulous card Sue and I love the dimension of the Bee. Everything works together so well and I love the honeycomb background. I also like how you’ve used the Fantasy Dandelions which look so bold, they add a real touch of drama x

cotnob said...

A super card Sue, a gorgeous bee and flowers - a fabulous design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

rachel said...

Absolutely beautiful - I love the depth of colour and that beautiful silhouette type flower - marvellous! Love it Sue xx

Tracy said...

Fabulous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant Bee card Sue, love the stamps and the real look of the bee.xxx[aussie aNNie blog]

Jane Willis said...

Gorgeous, so bold and bright. Love those flowers.

Aquarius said...

Everything here co-ordinates so well - great card

Valerija said...

Beautiful bee on this stunning card!
Valerija xx

Joan said...

Love your card, lovely bright colours and that lovely bee !

Georgiana said...

Looks awesome!

Mervi said...

Gorgeous card Sue, great design.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Janice said...

I love your bee card Sue, such a beautiful background too.
Janice x

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW love the vibrancy of this card Sue ....especially the
background