Followers

Tuesday 19 June 2018

A Dirty Weekend

Friday morning saw hubby hopping out of bed at 6.30 and off he went to play golf all weekend with his mates. So while hubby was away "a friend" and I hopped into my car and trundled off for a "dirty weekend". The venue was the Holiday Inn hotel at Coventry and the dirty weekend was with about 20 other ladies and a workshop with the wonderful Kay Halliwell-Sutton from Indigo Blu with the help of Louise Withers. We met with another friend who was travelling from a different part of the country and had a wonderful time creating an A3 canvas using fantastic products from Indigo Blu. At the start of the workshop Saturday morning when presented with these blank A3 canvases and being told what we were going to be making, my thoughts were, never in a million years will I end up with a canvas that looks like it has a face on it. But by the end of the day I admitted that I was wrong and am quite pleased with the results. She still needs a bit of finishing, like adding some shoulders and maybe a bit of sparkle. We decided that she has a bit of a mermaid feel to her, so I think I shall go with that theme.



Sunday saw us return to the classroom where we altered these little ring binders again using  wonderful Indigo Blu products. All to soon the weekend had come to an end and we found ourselves back on the motorway and making our way back home. I dropped my friend off and pulled up onto the drive just as hubby was getting out of his car, that's what I call excellent timing.


Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

12 comments:

Aquarius said...

Two great pieces of work from what I'm sure was a wonderful weekend. two large canvases certainly sound a bit daunting! I particularly like the cogs - just my sort of thing.

brenda said...

Sounds like the perfect 'dirty' weekend away Sue and two really super pieces of artwork from it.

B x

cotnob said...

Beautiful projects Sue, I love her hair - I agree she does have a bit of a mermaid feel to her. It sounds like you had a fabulous weekend.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Janice said...

Wow, fantastic makes Sue, you are such a brave crafter, I love how you try anything!
Janice x

aussie aNNie said...

Super display Sue, love your dirty kinda weekend too.xx

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful projects you should be proud!

aussie aNNie said...

Get that melting pot out Sue.xxx

Mrs A. said...

Your face on the first canvas is just amazing. Can't believe it is your first try. You have aced it. Absolutely gorgeous. Hugs Mrs A.

rachel said...

Excellent work Sue - so glad you got to do this - your results are fabulous!!!! I love the mermaid - the colours are so beautiful! Hugs rachel x

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love this...so artsy!!!

Jules said...

Wow Sue .. .. what brilliant projects. Both are wonderful.

I bet you found the weekend to be very inspirational.

I definitely wouldn't have managed a face on my canvass .. .. I can't even draw a heart I am happy with LOL!!!

Love Jules xx

Carol said...

Hi Sue, It looks as though you had an amazing weekend. I love what you do but you know I don't do messy.
Thank you for your continued visits to my Blog and the lovely things you say. I am sorry I haven't been here for a while but after all that rushing around for a cancelled op I have been discombobulated. Will try to do better.
Carol xx