Followers

Saturday 17 August 2019

With Wings

Well at the beginning of the year I had hoped to be a better blogger this year, but I've not managed it this past month. Lots of reasons why, my having a bad bout of tonsillitis being one of them. However I am now recovered and showing today the card that I've made to enter into the Stamping Sensations Challenge this month which is Things With Wings. My first reaction was to reach for the Lavinia stamps, but I stopped myself as that was too easy, next was to go for one of the many bird stamps that I have, but then I spotted this Pink Ink stamp that was released earlier this month (that I had to have) and decided to use her instead. Yesterday was the perfect day to stamp and get inky, while it poured down outside I was nice and dry having some me time. I don't very often water colour but for this stamp I decided to go with that for a change, I'm quite pleased with the results. Now I have to go and pack a suitcase, I'm away for just over a week with my Daughter and Grandsons, here's hoping the weather is going to be nicer in Devon next week.



Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

10 comments:

Aquarius said...

This is very pretty and I can see why you had to have that stamp! Sorry to hear you've not been well - enjoy your break and good luck with the weather.

Viv said...

Lovely stamp Sue and a great card. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping sensations and hope your health improves. x

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card Sue, oh gosh sorry you haven't been well, wondered why you had not posted...take care of yourself and keep in touch.xxx

brenda said...

Another lovely creation and in pretty colours and that Fairy is a delight. Lovely to see you at Stamping Sensations, thanks for joining in and Have a good Sunday. Bx

Mrs A. said...

Such pretty colours on this card. Hope you have a lovely time away. Hugs Mrs A.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I'm sorry to hear that you've not been too well Sue. My daughter suffers terribly with tonsillitis, so I know just how bad it can get. I'm pleased to hear that you're well again and that you've found the time to join us with this terrific card. I really like your layout which has quite a dreamy feel to it and the water colours work beautifully. Thank you for joining us in our 'Things With Wings' challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x Hope you have a lovely week in Devon x

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Sue, pretty stamps and beautiful water colouring.
Sorry to hear that you have been poorly.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Carol said...

Hi Sue,
I have been catching up with your wonderful work - now that I am not so busy myself. All brilliant.
Enjoy your few days away.
Hugs
Carol
xx

Dora said...

Thank you for joining at stamping sensation Beautiful card.

Janice said...

I’ve just returned from holiday, so I'm trying to catch up on commenting. Your card is really pretty Sue.
I hope you’re feeling much better now.
Janice x