Followers

Monday 9 May 2011

CD Sunday - Oriental

Where are the weeks going to? I can't believe that it's Sunday once again. This week the challenge over on the CD Sunday blog is Oriental. I have used an old favorite for this week's card, Joanna Sheen's Oriental Dreams. I cropped a single image, rather than print a whole sheet of the same, and took it into MCS. I created a sentiment to go on the card in MCS as well. I then made a sheet to match, for matting and layering by using the picker tool and making a sheet from a colour within the flowers. I just needed to add a bit of ribbon and a flower to finish.



Thank you for looking, your kind comments are appreciated.

Sue

8 comments:

Mistys Mum said...

Hi Sue
That card is absolutely lovely & I have chosen the same cd for my entry - just off upstairs to make it.
I haven't tried using the picker in MCS yet - it is obviously worth trying

Tess said...

Great card Sue - lovely gentle colours. thanks for joining in with our challenge at CD Sunday. x

Carol said...

Lovely card Sue. Beautifully designed. I love Irises used on cards. I have a parchment one to do soon. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday and for your kind visits to my Blog.
Hugs
Carol
xx

Aquarius said...

A lovely card and I am fond of that CD as well. I usually snapshot images from CDs which use PDF format and open them in 'Word' as I've not really worked out a satisfactory way to get them into MCS. When I tried, the image was a very low resolution and pixellated so gave it up as a bad job. The picker tool is great for colour matching though. Any tips would be welcomed!!

Christine said...

A gorgeous card Sue, a beautiful image from a fab CD. I have MCS but can't seem to get on with it, so I take snapshot images into Publisher. Not sure what the 'picker tool' can do so any tips would be welcome.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Hugs
Christine xx

starcyl said...

Lovely card here and well done on being so clever with MCS.
Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Beryl K said...

This is beautiful, I love the image and your brilliant layout
Beryl x

Jen said...

A beautiful card and so well put together. Love the colours and the image, iris are one of my favourite flowers. Thank you for joining in with The CD Sunday challenge this week.
Jen x