Followers

Sunday 17 July 2011

CD Sunday - Nautical

This weeks challenge at the CD Sunday blog is Nautical, and it fell just right for me this week, as I had to make a card for a male 65th Birthday. I have chosen to use this lovely picture from Joanna Sheen's Thomas Kincaid CD. I have been a fan of this artist for a long time, but have never had the money to buy any of his work. This CD means I get to look at it any time I want.




For this card I have used a large square card base, made by folding the end over of an A4 sheet and adding another piece of card to the back. The backing paper is from the maps section on the CD, but the colour was stronger than I wanted it, so I took it into MCS and used the opacity function to lighten it, I mounted it onto some matt silver mirri card. I also took the topper into MCS so that I could add the text to it, this is also mounted onto matt silver mirri card. Then I found some cord that I've had in the cupboard for sometime and tied some boating knots and added them as embellishments.

Thanks for looking, your kind comments are appreciated.

Sue

9 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

Sue love this card your knots are just the right embellishment for it and brilliant love it
Jacki xx

Christine said...

Hi Sue, a stunning card and perfect for a man's birthday.
Like how you used MCS to change the colour of your bp and to add a sentiment to the topper.
Guess that counts as 2 CD's.
Thanks for your continued support over at CD Sunday, we really appreciate it.
Hugs
Christine xx

Carol said...

Yet another great creation from you Sue. So suitable for a male card. As Christine said we appreciate your continued support at Cd Sunday and thank you for entering again this week
Hugs
Carl (CD Sunday DT)
xx

Aquarius said...

This is really great , super image and I really like the idea of the nautical knots as a finishing touch.

Tess said...

Great card Sue - love the knots. Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday. x

starcyl said...

Really like this Sue and those knots are inspired. Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

I love the idea of the knots. What a great finish to a lovely card.

craftychris said...

stunning card

chris jw x

Purple Crazy said...

Fabulous Sue, the knots are a great idea, thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday hugs Wendy xx