Followers

Sunday 6 October 2013

Craft A Scene - Foul/Fowl Weather

I'm back again with my second post today, this time for Craft A Scene. This month we're asking for your Foul Weather scenes, and also to include a bird or birds in your scene. For this card I used a 6x6 card base, and silver mirri card for the matting. I used some matt card stock from Lavinia stamps to stamp my scene onto, and stamps from Lavinia, Sheena Douglas and Designs by Ryn.I started by stamping my Island in the middle of the card with blue Stazon, I also stamped the thistles and birds with Stazon. I stamped the willow leaves at the top using chipped Sapphire distress ink doing first and second generation stamping. Next using my brushes I used distress inks in milled lavender for the sky, and faded denim for the water. I went around the outside with chipped Sapphire and then added the raindrops, I have also added glossy accents too, in the hope that they look wet. I hope that you will pop over to the blog and see what the rest of the DT have made for your inspiration this month.



Thanks for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

8 comments:

Aquarius said...

Clever bit of stamping there to show the foul weather. Thankfully we have blue skies and sunshine today for a change

Michelle J M said...

Another wonderful card Sue. Love that little island and those raindrops are fantastic. Definitely foul weather, I can feel the cold! Michelle x

sue-b said...

beautiful Sue, foul weather indeed but i love just loe your brush work it is so effective .xx

Beryl said...

Great stamping and a fab scene Sue.
Beryl xx

rachel said...

this is wonderful Sue - those raindrops really look amazing - fabulous xx

Deanna said...

Love the scene Sue! Those raindrops are really neat

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Sue a beautiful scene. It appears as it I'm looking thru a window with heavy rain in front of the view. Take care, Shirleyx ps.. .it's been raining here for the past couple of days..

Sally H said...

A fabulous scene, Sue! The rain was just like that as I sat waiting in the car for Meg this evening, lol!