Followers

Sunday 18 May 2014

Craft A Scene - Week 3 - Create your own Flower Garden

I'm scheduling this post, because by the time this goes live I shall be on the high seas (well I hope they're not too high). Hubby and I booked a last minute deal to go to the Norwegian Fjords aboard the P & O ship Oceana. So the passports are ready, clothes sorted and now were just waiting to set off. Anyway enough of our holiday and onto todays card. It's week three over on the Craft A Scene blog, so we are still asking for your cards making a flower garden. For my card I have used all stamps from Chocolate Baroque, the cottage is from Home Sweet Home  set (you'll notice if you look at this set that I did not ink up the tree that was behind the cottage), the flowers at the front are from the Floral Edges set and finally the tree and tall flowers are from The Patchwork Landscape set. I drew the hills behind by hand and then used pro markers to colour the scene . Last of all I popped the scene onto some white card before mounting in all onto a 6x6 blue card. There's still plenty of time to join us this month, so do pop over to the blog and take at look, there is lots of inspiration for you there. One of the DT has even used an old embroidery transfer to create here garden. All I have to do now is hope that my Son does not forget to water my own garden and greenhouse, when he gets in from work this week.



Thanks for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

10 comments:

Michelle J M said...

I am green with envy, always wanted to go on a cruise to the Norwegian Fjords! Have a great time. Love your card, that tree is awesome and the flowers so pretty. Michelle x

Sally H said...

Wow! A gorgeous card, Sue! I went to Gothenburg, Oslo and Bergen when I was in my late teens and it was so beautiful. Enjoy your cruise! x

rachel said...

brilliant make Sue - I adore these colours and these stamps - fantastic xx

rachel said...

sorry meant to say have a fabby holiday - I'm sure you will xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful flower garden you've created with the wonderful CB stamps. I like how you used the flower edge at the bottom. I imagine you are having a fabulous vacation, how wonderful. Shirleyx

Marianne said...

that's a pretty card Sue.

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow Sue what a pretty card, I love the image and the stampscombination , and the colours are so beautiful together , great art work!!

Greetings
Maria

Flo Langley said...

Hi Sue, I hope you are enjoying your holiday. I have never been but imagine the Fjords to be beautiful this time of year. Beautiful card. The flowers along the bottom remind me of English country gardens. Fabulous stamping.
Hugs, Flo x

Hellen Pearce said...

So pretty Sue, reminds me of illustrations from books I read as a child. Lovely and tranquil scene x

craftimamma said...

Oooh, I hope you're having a good time on your hols Sue. As for your card, well it's beautiful. Wish I had a garden like that to sit in ..... as long as someone else did all the work, lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx