Followers

Thursday 23 April 2015

Purple Crazy

The girls over on the CD Sunday blog are running a challenge at the moment called Purple Crazy, this is memory of their fellow DT member - Wendy - Who sadly passed away recently. As a former DT member of this blog I could not let this challenge pass without joining in.

I was recently asked if I would make a wedding card, the lady said the Bride had an unusual colour scheme for her wedding , it being Orange and Purple. She had picked the stamped image that she wanted on the card so the next stage was to match it all to the colour scheme. The backing paper that I used was from Holly Pond Hill (these are some lovely backing papers on the CD that have a small pattern on them), I took it into MCS and changed the colour to a lilac shade. Along with some silver mirri card I mounted it onto an 8x8 card base before adding some Rob Addams die cut corners. Next I stamped the image and coloured with pencils, cut it out using a spellbinders die along with a decorative base layer. Once this was mounted I took some white flowers I had in my stash and coloured the ends of the petals with spiced marmalade and shaded lilac distress inks. When I added them I popped on some leaves cut from a Marianne die and added pearls to the middles. Finally a foil sentiment was added along with a small diamante heart and a purple ribbon. An unusual colour combination was right, but I like the finished result hope the Bride and Groom do too.



Tomorrow I'm off on a Crafting Retreat for the weekend, there is only going to be a small group of us but should be lots of fun.

Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

10 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Sue this is one gorgeous wedding card, brilliant colours used here and love this image, added goodies and such a gorgeous creation.xx
{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Sarn said...

I think you met the brief really well.

Enjoy your crafting retreat.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Aquarius said...

Such a cute image and you've used it well along with the colour scheme requested. have a marvellous weekend and look forward to seeing some of the results.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Wow Sue this is gorgeous ! I love the sweet image, your layering and embellishments are very elegant. Take care, Shirleyxx

Jacee said...

This is so gorgeous Sue, lovely colour scheme, fab flowers and a sweet image, love it!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

NancyD said...

I like it Sue! Its cute and elegant at the same time. NancyD

rachel said...

such a cute wedding card sue -beautiful flowers too - big hugs Rachel - p.s thanks for letting me know about the inkettes xx

Michelle J M said...

I think it is lovely Sue. I agree, the colour choice is a bit different but I do like it. That image has always been one of my favourites for a wedding. The daisies really compliment is, they are so pretty. Michelle x

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow Sue what an amazing weddingday card!!! Great image and colours and what a lovely accents with those small flowers, i really love this!!!

Greetings
Maria

Dora said...

beautiful card!! and how you dit with the imge, colourize around it. so beautiful.