Followers

Friday 7 October 2016

Perfectly Created Chaos Challenge 3

Time for the third Perfectly Created Chaos Challenge, I was very lucky to have my card in first challenge chosen in the top three. I was away for the last/second challenge but I'm ready for the third. This time Dori is asking that we have three of something on our cards, this could be three of anything, buttons, ribbons, I've gone for flowers. I started with a piece of linen effect card which I sprayed with Dylusion sprays. When dry I used a stencil and some slightly darker ink and inked through onto the sprayed background. I then stamped the Tim Holtz butterfly onto some white card stack and coloured with some matching pro markers cutting it out when finished. The sentiment is from the same stamp set as the butterfly, I mounted this and the background onto some gold mirri card and then onto a matching 8x8 card base. Before finally placing the butterfly I added some gold leaves cut with a Tattered Lace die and also some flowers also cut and embossed using Tattered Lace dies, these I finished by blending some lighter ink onto the flowers and adding some gems to the centres.



Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

17 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is absolutely beautiful Sue. The gold looks so opulent against the torquoise and I love the way that your die cut ferns echo the pattern in the background. The butterfly is exquisitely coloured and makes the perfect focal point. Enjoy your weekend. Sandra X

rachel said...

This is absolutely stunning sue ....regal! I adore that butterfly and you sure have displayed it beautifully! Hugs rachel xx

Chrissy said...

WOW...so pretty Sue..gorgeous colours..

luv CHRISSYxx

Barb said...

Wow Sue your card certainly is a stunner. I absolutely love the colours and that butterfly is gorgeous. The flowers are so pretty and I love the leaves cut from gold. Barbxx

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Sue, beautiful colours and stunning design.
Pauline
x

Liz said...

Just stunning, Sue! Gorgeous design and the colours are so beautiful. xx

brenda said...

Your card is a real beauty Sue, both the lovely rich colours and stylish design.

B x

Aquarius said...

Beautiful - a very vibrant colour scheme

Sue - said...

Beautiful choice of colours for your card.

Flo Langley said...

Beautiful card Sue. Lovely colours.
Flo x

Sarn said...

WOW - that's just GORGEOUS!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Back again Sue, just wondering if your linen card is made by Joy crafts? I found a pack in my stash called Stamping Linen... never used it so just wondering...cheers.x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Hi Annie, just some linen card stock that I had in my stash. I managed to stamp on it no problems at all.

Sue xx

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow, what a fantastic card I really love your colours and the buttefly looks fantastic too!!

Greetings
Maria

Carol L said...

This is such a pretty card, and your trio of flowers looks gorgeous with those golden ferns! I love the butterfly too! Very pretty card!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous card, I love the colours and the butterfly. Take care, Shirleyxx

Dori Shelton said...

Another stunning creation! I love the colors you used and that butterfly is gorgeous. I particularly like the pop of yellows behind the blues and aquas. Thank you once again for playing along at Perfectly Created Chaos! Hope to see you again soon.