Followers

Sunday 23 October 2016

Pixies Snippets Playground

It's Sunday again, so time to go and play in Pixies Snippets Playground. While I was Ally Pally in September I bought the die that I've used for this card. It's a Crafters Companion Create A Card Die and I must say it's perfect for using up those scraps of mirri card that we all seem to get left with. I cut the die first with some Silver mirri card and matted onto the backing paper and a 6x6 card base. Then I rummaged through the scraps and found the small pieces of mirri and just placed them over the baubles that I wanted to cut out, then stuck over the top of the silver. The sentiment is one that I've had for a few years and I think it is a Britannia die.



I would also like to enter this into Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge which is use a sentiment.

Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

18 comments:

Aquarius said...

I can see why you had to have that die and the way you've used it is just great for reducing the pile of snippets.

Barb said...

What a lovely die this is Sue and I love how you've used it. Your card is absolutely beautiful and a great way of using up those snippets. Barbxx

Dora said...

Fantastic! Graet how you do this with the dies...

brenda said...

Such a bright and cheery Christmas card Sue, that die really is a beauty.

B x

Liz said...

Oh WOW! What a fabulous die! I love how you've used it - super card. xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful card, great die! I hope you are doing well, Shirleyxx

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Oh sue this is really beautiful love the design and die lush hugs cheryl xxx

cotnob said...

A fabulous Christmas card Sue, beautiful ornaments.
Pauline
x

Flo Langley said...

Fabulous card Sue. Love the baubles.
Flo x

Sarn said...

WOW - such a lovely festive snippets card xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Love this Sue, you should enter at our challenge at Allsorts Challenges as our theme is SPARKLE AND SHINE... XX {aNNie}

Di said...

What a fabulous card Sue - and that die is a beauty! I love that you managed to use up lots of snippets of mirri card too :)

Hugs

Di xx

Carol said...

Hi Sue. Thank you for your visit.
Love this card. As promised I have visited Pixie Snippets and promised to join in when I can.
xx

Carol L said...

WOW, those baubles look fabulous! I love the colors and beautiful design!

Darnell said...

What a fun and happy snippets card, Sue! It reminds me of a Christmas pageant and I'll bet it is shiny and spectacular in person!! Thank you for the visit to me!! Hugs, Darnell

rachel said...

Very pretty sue. Fabulous xx

LesleyG said...

What a great way of using up snippets, I've not seen these dies before, very effective. Xxx

maria's knutselplezier said...

Fantastic, such a beautiful diecut, I think it is nog so easy to pull in out of the die isn't it!!

Greetings
Maria