Followers

Saturday 12 October 2019

A Workshop Or Two

Last weekend saw me up at the crack of dawn, no I lie it was still dark when I got up, as I was off to a one day workshop with a friend. It was just outside of Coventry and held by Clare Charvil from My Creative Spirit. Where we made a lovely Travellers Notebook using the beautiful papers from the Graphic 45 Kaleidoscope Collection. It was going to take about 2 hours to reach the venue from home, which involved a trip up the A34 between Newbury and the M40. Then along the M40 for some way. I'm just glad to say that the weather was better than today. When we got onto the M40 and joined there were hundreds of Motorcyclist on the road, and when I say hundreds we drove past 22 miles of them, it was quite a sight to see. We found out later that it was the Ride To The Wall. (I've linked the last bit for anyone who wishes to find out more). We arrived with time to set up and grab a cup of coffee before the day started at 10.00 am.



Only a picture of the front of my Travellers Notebook as I've not taken any of the inside yet. We finished up the day by having a meal with a friend that we met up with for the day before heading from Coventry over to Kettering for the night. Where on the Sunday we were off to another one day workshop.



Sunday saw us finding our way to Brigstock  Village Hall, were we attended the first ever workshop to be held by Pink Ink. We were greeted by Mel and Kathy on our arrival and were made to feel very welcome. We were split into two groups and the first half of the day we spent with Kathy learning how to stamp and paint onto fabric. This was something that I had wanted to try for sometime, but was a bit nervous of trying it. I hope you'll agree that my first attempt didn't turn out bad. In the afternoon we moved over and had a wonderful time With Pauline Butcher using paints, ink and water colour brush pens and made the decoupaged card below. I used the same stamp for both of my projects, the new Donkey stamp that has just been released. This was given to us as part of the workshop (the choice of one of the four new stamps that were released the previous week), although we did have the choice to work with any of their beautiful stamps. I'm glad to say that we had a fantastic weekend and the weather even stayed fine for the journey home.



Thank you for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

14 comments:

brenda said...

Sounds like some fun workshops Sue and lovely creations as a result, that Donkey is rather lovely.

B x

Valerija said...

Amazing projects.
Valerija xx

Carole said...

Oh you lucky thing...these are wonderful creations and it sounds like you had a fabulous 2 days. I like your donkey..great first attempt at painting on fabric..and the card...well I can think of at least one recipient that fits!..lol x

MiamiKel said...

Wow! That donkey is really something! It sounds like you have been enjoying workshop time, Sue! How fun that you have the opportunity! Enjoy ♥ Xx

cotnob said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous time Sue, it must have been quite a sight seeing all of those motorcycles. Your notebook is fabulous but I love the donkeys, especially the final one - lovely colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Aquarius said...

Sounds like a brilliant way to spend a weekend. just love that donkey and the sentiment is brilliant too

aussie aNNie said...

Awesome cards and what a show piece.x

rachel said...

Sounds like you have been very busy! The pink ink workshop sounds particularly good! Love your makes! Hugs rachel xx

Jules said...

Hi Sue

What a wonderful weekend you had.

Beautiful makes .. .. especially the painting on fabric project.

Love Jules xx

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful creations, sounds like a great time.

Dr Sonia S V said...

I too have wanted to try stamping on fabric...and I don"t think I have done it...kudos to you for learning and experimenting!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Joan said...

Ooh, sounds like you had a fabulous time, I'm feeling a bit envious! Love the Pink Ink stamps

Joan x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Wow, it looks like you've been a very busy lady! Super designs and I especially like the Donkey card as I do have a soft spot for them. I usually sponsor a Donkey every Christmas x

Darnell said...

What a great recap of your crafty weekend, Sue! I'm glad you had good weather for that long journey to and fro. Those motorcycles must have been a remarkable sight for 22 miles! Thank you for the link. Your notebook cover is gorgeous and I can't wait to see the inside! And how fun to learn to paint on fabric! You did a great job for your first effort and I love the donkey image on it and on that awesome card! Great coloring! Who can resist that face and those long eyelashes?! Hugs, Darnell