Followers

Tuesday 24 March 2020

Anything From The Animal Kingdom

I should really have posted before now, but with the way things are in the UK at present it seemed to throw me for a bit. In my last post I told you I was off for a Crafty Retreat with some of the members of the group I belong to. We were at Kenilworth for the weekend the 14th and 15th March, I'm so glad that we went ahead with it as everything has been cancelled now. We had a great time although one member could not make it as her husband became unwell on the Friday evening and over night, she stayed away just in case. On the Sunday evening my close crafting buddy and I along with hubby's (we live very near to each other) went up the the Yorkshire Dales until the last Friday. We had a great week, the weather was kind to us. My friends husband is a keen cyclist and got out and about everyday riding some very hign hills, while my hubby took us out and about around the Dales. Coming home along the M1 we could not believe how quiet it was for what is normally an extreamly busy road. Since coming back it has taken me a few days to get my head around not going out and not mixing with other people. But today I seem to have woken up with a well what the hell attitude and decided to get some of my unused stash out and take it for a whirl.


First up is this card made with some dies and paper pad that I bought last year from Create and Craft called Paper and Wood. They came in sets of 4 and I have 2 sets and I also bought the other month, from the same artist, a different set only this is on a USB to use with the Scan n Cut. There are several layers to each bird and a background to pop them onto. I'm taking my bird over to the Allsorts Blog this week as they are asking for Anything From The Animal Kindom.

As we are all confined to home at the moment I have no excuses for not posting on the blog more often.

Take care everyone and thank you for visiting and your comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

11 comments:

Ellibelle said...

So very beautiful, Sue! Loving the bird!
Thank you so much for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge where it's all about the Animal Kingdom!
Ellibelle's Corner

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A lovely post Sue and I'm pleased to read that you managed to get away for a few days. I'm not too far away from the Dales and they are extremely beautiful. I love the piece you've posted today. The bird has such great dimension. Like you say, we've no excuse not to get crafting and sharing what we've made. Take care and stay safe Sue x

Crafting Queen said...

lovely card.

Aquarius said...

What a beautiful bird and it is on a lovely tree as well. This does seem to be an excuse or a reason to trawl through our stashes and use items which are half, or even totally, forgotten. Our hobby is one of the best for 'occupational therapy' I think and I'm not likely to run out of 'stuff' for quite a while. Take care and stay safe.

brenda said...

Lovely creativity as always with a great design and colours. Stay safe and well in these turbulent times.

B x

Kathleen said...

Glad that you enjoyed your break. A really gorgeous creation, great layout and images.

Kath x

Kathleen said...

Oops forgot to say... Thank you for joining our 'Animals' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning, lovely nature themed card.x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Sue, absolutely gorgeous.
I think us crafters are quite fortunate that we have our hobby and most of us have quite a large stash to keep us going.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

rachel said...

This is stunningly gorgeous - beautiful xx

scrappymo! said...

What a gorgeous bird. I love the look of him landing from his recent flight.

Sounds like a nice getaway. We have been thru the Yorkshire dales too!