Followers

Tuesday 29 September 2020

The Great Outdoors

OK so this is strange, so far I've avoided the new blogger but today it seems like I'm stuck with it. Sorry that I have been absent for a long time but as you will have read in my last post my Mum had a fall and went into hospital. From being able to get about (I say that in the loosest of terms as it was agony for her to walk)  with the aid of a walker, she can now no longer walk. My Sister and I with her best interests at heart have been trying to talk her into going into a care home for some time now. This has now been taken out of our hands and three weeks ago Mum went into a care home from the Hospital. This has taken a lot of the worry away from us as we now know that she is getting proper care 24 hours a day, rather than 2 times a day morning and evening. However it does mean that we have to sort her house out and sell it. Something were not looking forward to. I was 8 years old and my sister was 4 when we moved into the house as children, we have so many happy memories there.


Anyway onto my card for today which is The Great Outdoors, just what is being asked for by the Stamping Sensations Challenge blog this month. I was lucky to get my order in for Sheen Douglas's first USB earlier this month and so I have use an image from that for this card, which is for a friends Birthday today. We have just had a few days away in the Lake District and I've tried to colour the mountains how they look at the moment up there, with the bracken turning to a lovely rust colour, with a bit of green showing through (I might have more green than rust). I used my Spectrum Noir Coloursoft pencils to colour the image. I have also decided not to use a sentiment on the front of the card too.


Well I'm off now to get this posted before they shut the door and it's to late to enter the challenge this month. Thank you to everyone for their kind comments on my last post regarding my Mum.

 Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

 Sue

 

 

 

12 comments:

brenda said...

Sadly old blogger disappeared last week for all of us, I had been flipping back and forth as some of the functions were unavailable on the new system.

With seven blog to deal with it's sooooo frustrating. I used to be able to copy and paste all the DT's work from our DT blogs and lift them over en block, no more is that possible and seems everything is built in to take longer. Progress, who says's so?

Moan over Sue and back to your beautiful scenic card, such a peaceful scene by the river, thanks so much for joining in at Stamping Sensations this month.

Hope you get things settled with our Mum, went down the same route with my Dad.

B x

Aquarius said...

And here was me thinking that I could revert to the old Blogger if necessary - I'm sure they gave the impression that it would work like that. This is a beautiful scene - didn't realise Sheena was doing a USB, missed that news somehow. Sad in a way that your Mum has had to go into care but at least, as you say, you can feel reassured that there is someone keeping an eye on her full time rather than just popping in now and again. Lots of work and memories involved in sorting out the house as well - been there, done that a couple of times. Take care and make sure you keep some time for yourselves.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I’m sorry to hear about your Mum Sue but it sounds like she’s in the best place for her now and you and your sister can have some peace of mind. Your card is beautiful. I love the scene and how you’ve coloured it. Take care x

Joan said...

I had been reverting to old blogger too Sue but like everyone else been forced to go with the new one! your card is lovely , Autumn is cetainly strange this year, we have been in the garden this afternoon, sun really warm, now it's very cold again.


Joan x

Lynne K said...

Absolutely gorgeous scene, Sue, beautifully coloured and very reminiscent of the Lake District, or Scotland. It deserves to be framed and hung on the wall.

Sorry to hear that your mum has had to go into care. A difficult decision at the best of times, but the right one, I'm sure. Hope the house sale goes smoothly, had to do the same for my parents. Not an easy task, but a relief to get it done and everything sorted. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful design and fabulous colours. xx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Sue, such a lovely scene and great colouring.
I hope your Mum has settled in well, I don't envy you sorting everything out.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jules said...

Hi Sue

I hope your Mum is settling into her new environment OK .. .. it can't be easy for any of you .. .. but it will bring peace of mind for you and your sister.

It will be hard doing the home clearance .. .. .. but it will also bring back lots of lovely memories of times gone by too.

A lovely card. Beautiful colours and I can almost hear the water moving!

Love Jules xx

Janice said...

I love your beautifully coloured scene Sue, another work of art!
I hope your Mum is gradually getting used to her new home, a relief for you and your sister for sure.
Janice x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Thank you for your comment Sue, you are very kind x

Mrs A. said...

Hi Sue, I have no idea how that managed to appear on my blog. Don't think blogger likes me right now. Hope your keeping well. Hugs Mrs A.

Sarn said...

Fantastic scenic card Sue.

As I'm commenting a lot later than when you posted this, I am hoping your Mum has settled in well and that you have a buyer for the house sale. Wishing you well.

Hugs, Sarn xxx