Followers

Saturday 10 October 2020

Time Flies

Time Flies, that's what I've called this post. I don't know where that last week or so has gone and I'm off out again in a short while. I'm meeting my Sister and Mum's as we are still sorting a lifetime of saved stuff. Last Saturday we spent sorting out files and files of saved paperwork (please let me just say to all of you who save years worth of receipts - you may be keeping them just a little bit too long), which we then bought home to sort through properly. My shredder has been workong overtime this week. 

 

Anyway onto my card and the reason that I called this post Time Flies. In September my Sister-in-law celebrated her 50th Wedding Anniversay and I had to make 3 cards for the event. Here is the one that I made that was from Hubby and myself. It was a beautiful day and we managed to have a very small select gathering in her back garden, not the way she had planned to spend the day celebrating but  in the current situation it was a great day. I used  Tattered Lace Dies and USB (for the background) from the Vintage Picture Decoupage collection. I cut the flowers out in gold mirri card and then used glue gel to layer it together. The sentiment was printed on my PC and I centered the die over the top and cut out.

 


 Well I must go now as I'm meeting my sister in10 minutes and I might be slightly late.

Thank you for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Take care and stay safe

Sue

9 comments:

Aquarius said...

A beautiful golden card and great that you could get together and celebrate, even if it wasn't the lavish 'do' which it might have been. Timely reminder about hoarding paperwork - should start pruning!!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A beautiful card Sue, 50 years of marriage is a real achievement and should be celebrated. I don’t envy you the task of sorting out your Mum’s things. I remember only too well doing the same myself a few year ago and it’s a daunting thing to have to do. It also fills you with emotion and brings back memories of times gone by. Take care xx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Sue, very elegant - congratulations to your Sister-in-law.
I know just what you are talking about, when my Dad passed away I sorted though all of his and Mum's paperwork - the worst thing was they kept everything in the original envelopes! It took me weeks but at least it was a lot easier when Mum passed away.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

brenda said...

What a beautiful card for your SIL's special anniversary Sue.

B x

aussie aNNie said...

Oh I can relate to your sorting and cleaning, gosh it is a big job...I think 10 years is all you need to keep them for then shred them..
Your card is spectacular, absolutely beautiful/ xx

Viv said...

I feel for you in the clearing out Sue - we have spent lockdown doing the same for my M-I-L who also has to move after breaking her back. It does tho' spur you into action to not hoard and store stuff in your own place!

A lovely card for your Sister and many congrats to them on this milestone anniversary. x

Liz said...

Wonderful card to celebrate a milestone anniversary, Sue. Glad you all enjoyed the celebrations, even if it wasn't the one initially planned. xx

Janice said...

Gorgeous card Sue to mark a very special anniversary. So pleased you were able to have a small celebration.
Janice x

bookfolding said...

Beautiful.