Followers

Thursday 29 October 2020

New Challenge Blog - Let's Squash It

 Let's Squash It is a great new challenge blog just started this month. It's is encouraging you to get those under used Embossing Folders out and use them to make a card. As I have shed loads of these pushed away in a cupboard I thought what a great idea to get them out and play. The first challenge is Geometric and Metal so this diamond shaped trellis design should fit the bill perfectly, I ran the mirri card through the embossing folder, added a little ribbon to the middle, a Heartfelt Creations flower that I already had made. I then popped onto some matching card, the sentiment was already made using the same card that I mounted onto, I had used some holographic mirri card for the It's your Birthday. Although silver it's picked up the colour of the matting giving it a bluey/lilac colour. While making this I suddenly remembered a Birthday that I had forgotten, so now this card is winging its way through the post.

 


 Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

12 comments:

cotnob said...

A super card Sue, a fabulous embossing folder - I think most of us have one or two embossing folders sitting neglected in our stash, I know I certainly have!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Aquarius said...

A great use of an embossing folder for this new challenge, nice bit of bling.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A lovely card Sue and I’m always happy to hear of new challenges. Thank you so much for your comments and I’m hoping that you’re going to get your ink out soon on my new designs as I know that you’ll do me proud.......no pressure then! Fab card Sue x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful embossed background Sue, I love the shine, gorgeous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful colours and love your design...great project. x

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous card Sue. Love the silver and lilac combo and that lovely pattern. That's a very lucky person getting this lovely card. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It. Hugz

brenda said...

Gorgeous colours and so pretty Sue.

B x

Mrs A. said...

Super card sue. I think we are all guilty of having a stash of embossing folders hidden in our craft rooms. I think this new challenge will encourage a bit more use of them. Hugs Mrs A.

Greta said...

Beautiful embossing folder & love how you put things together for this great BD card!

Sarn said...

Great card for the new challenge.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Rajani Rehana said...

Fabulous blog

Janice said...

Gorgeous card Sue, I love the embossed mirri card with the lilac. I have so many embossing folders too, I’ll definitely check out this new challenge blog.
Janice x