Followers

Wednesday 25 November 2020

Last Rudolph Days Of 2020

Well it's been a funny year, but one thing that did remain the same was the Rudolph Days Challenge and today it's time for the last one of the year. Just one month to go before Christmas Day and although they have announced that families will be able to get together this year after all I wonder how many be planning a very different Christmas than normal. Anyway onto the challenge this month, Maureen as a choice of two wonderful prizes over on the blog. The winner is chosen at random so you have nothing to lose by entering a card into the challenge. It's not my turn to be on the design team this month so I can enter a card into the challenge too. My entry this month is a beautiful cover- a card stamp (like my previous card) from Chocolate Baroque, only this time it's the wonderful holly stamp I've used. Stamped and embossed using gold embossing powder and then coloured using Spectrum Noir pens from Crafters Companion and a sentiment stamped and embossed onto vellum. I'm hoping that I am somewhere near the end of my card making for this year but I still have some presents that I'm in the middle of making to get finished in time.

 

I'm also entering this card into the Stamping Sensation Challenge this month which is Christmas Flowers, wreath or Garland. Holly is very often found in the wreaths or Garlands even if it's not a flower, so hoping that this is acceptable.

Thank you for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue
 

22 comments:

Aquarius said...

Another great Chocolate Baroque stamp used - love the sentiment embossed on the parchment.

Sarn said...

Happy Rudolph Day!

Lovely festive card in traditional colours.

Hugs, Sarn x

mamapez5 said...

Lovely embossing and colouring. A very beautiful card. Kate x

brenda said...

The gold embossing looks really luxurious Sue and the holly really pops, thanks so much for joining in with our November challenge at Stamping Sensations.

Bx

Lynne K said...

That's beautiful, Sue! The gold embossing is gorgeous and so effective. Stunning card. x

Janice said...

Another lovely Christmas card Sue, I still love the torn vellum!
Janice x

Jenny L said...

Hi Sue,
Your card is very beautiful and wonderfully coloured also.
Love the gold background and the vellum band with the lovely heat embossed sentiment.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Liz said...

Stunning card, what a beautiful stamp. xx

Mrs A. said...

Normally I have all my specials for the family made at the beginning of the year but not so this yr so I still have those to make and they will need to go into the post this yr. This is a lovely card with the gold embossing. love the added vellum an idea i keep forgetting to try myself. Hugs Mrs A.

LesleyG said...

Stunning card, love the gold embossing, and beautifully coloured xxx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Sue, a fabulous stamp and the sentiment looks lovely stamped and embossed onto vellum.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mrs.B said...

A stunning card, the gold embossed background looks fabulous.
Thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations,
Avril x

Dora said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining at Stamping sensations.

Joan said...

Lovely card Sue. I didn't get round to doing the Rudolph challenge this year

Joan

Anonymous said...

a beautiful card, sue! I love the bright traditional colours and the torn edged soft vellum with the gold sentiment - so elegant. thank you so much for sharing with the last 2020 Rudolph Days Challenge.
Linda,
Rudolph Days DT

Carol L said...

I really like the two-tone effect of the background divided by that torn sentiment panel! Very pretty card! Happy Rudolph Day!

aussie aNNie said...

Great post and gorgeous card. xxxx

Jules said...

Hi Sue

I love the gorgeous background you have created .. .. and the vellum embossed sentiment adds a very elegant look. Super special.

Love Jules xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A beautiful card Sue and I love the holly. I also like the sentiment being used on the vellum, it looks great. Yes, it's going to be a very quiet Christmas here with just the two of us. We usually spend it with our daughter and her family, so I'm looking forward to next year and hoping that things will be different and hopefully back to some sort of normality x

Sally H said...

an absolutely gorgeous card, Sue! I love it! very classy x

aussie aNNie said...

Sue, Merry Christmas 🎄

Jules said...

Hi Sue

I hope all is well with you.

I gave myself a cardmaking/blog break between Christmas and New Year and my fingers are super itching to get creating again now.

I hope you had a good Christmas and wish you all the very best for 2021. Let's hope things are going to start to improve pretty soon.

Love Jules xx