Followers

Wednesday 13 January 2021

Favourite Colours

Wow what a long time since I last blogged. What with Christmas and also my Mojo went for a little walk about too, but I'm glad to say that it back now. So my card for today was made for my Great Nephew who turned 21 last week. I've used an 8x8 card base and a stamp for what is at the moment my favourite stamp company Pink Ink. I started by stamping this gorgeous monkey with spiced marmalade distress ink and then smudging it with an ink blender, I then added a little more of the spiced marmalade ink around the head and face area before over stamping with ground expresso distress ink. I then went around the outside with the new rustic wilderness distress ink colour and used a leaf stamp around the edges. I just added a little dot of white pen to highlight the eyes. This week over on the Allsorts blog they are asking for cards using your favourite colour and as I used the lovely warm oranges that I always seem to reach for with card making it has to fall into the category of a favourite colour. So I'm off to join in the fun this week.

 


 Hope to be back with something new soon

Thank you for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

10 comments:

cotnob said...

This is stunning Sue, a fabulous stamp and great technique - I love it and I'm sure your Great Nephew did as well.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

brenda said...

I love the colours Sue and a perfect masculine card (but just do not like Monkey's I'm afraid but that's me, not your card in any way), many thanks for sharing your 'Favourite Colour' with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Linby said...

Glad you found your mojo and made this super card. The orange looks lovely the way you used it. Thanks for taking the time to join in with my favourite colour challenge at Allsorts this week.
Lynn x

Sarn said...

Great to see you back Sue - especially with such fabulous card. Great stamping, inking and blending.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Aquarius said...

Brilliant stamp and the way you've used it is great. Good colour choice and the technique you used works very well for this image.

Wendy L said...

This is wonderfil, thank you for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

Mrs A. said...

Wow Sue, what a fantastic card. Love everything about it. Colourway looks super. Hugs Mrs A.

aussie aNNie said...

wow this is so stunning absolutely beautiful...great design and awesome colours.xx

Mummylade said...

Really wonderful. Thank you for joining us this week at Allsorts Challenge

Janice said...

Super card for your great nephew, love the image!
Janice x