Followers

Monday 7 September 2015

Hot Bright Colours At Lavinia

Last Tuesday saw the beginning of our alterations that we are having carried out, the scaffolding had already been up for a week at this stage so I was glad that they had started, but it also meant complete upheaval inside the house (not something I was looking forward too). So feeling a bit apprehensive Tuesday, I thought as they were outside I would keep up to date in blogland. I clicked onto the Lavinia challenge blog to see who had been the lucky winner last month and was most surprised to see that it was me. I had placed an order for some of the new stamps on the website and was waiting for them to arrive, so this meant I could now go back and order the ones that I had not done with the previous order. Both orders had arrived by Thursday and by this time the house was in complete chaos, a hole open to the elements in the roof no ceiling in part of our bedroom and they were starting on downstairs which meant that by the end of the day there would be a hole right through the house to outside. Friday morning came and I got up and retreated into my She Shed, which I normally use for my more messier crafting, taking my new Lavinia stamps with me. I found my distress inks and some embossing powders and managed to come up with this card to enter into this months challenge, which is Hot Red Colours. Thank you to Tracey and Kevin for the wonderful prize you give each month on the challenge blog, I've really enjoyed using these wonderful new stamps. The Happy Birthday die is from the new collection from Tonic and the flowers were made using Hellen, from the Tattered Lace Trio collection.



Back today and I've just found out that the builder will not be here today as he's not feeling well, hope he make it tomorrow. Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

18 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

STUNNING love these fabulous colours and wow it's just so gorgeous...
I hate it when builders and repair men come to the house, such an upheaval for sure...
♥ {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}


Carol said...

Hi Sue. I don't envy the upheaval - been there and got several T shirts. Great card. Love the colours. Happy crafting in the She Shed.
Carol xx

Dora said...

awesome card! beautiful colours also your flowers.
stunning!!

Aquarius said...

A beautiful card and made under difficult circumstances too - love it and congratulations on your win. I hope the builders are getting on with the job on the house.

Zoe said...

What a lovely card Sue, super details and colours, thank you for joining in Lavinia Stamps Challenge, good luck Zoe DT xx

Hellen Pearce said...

Hi Sue - congratulations for last months win and commiserations for having the builders in. I'm contemplating some work here at Pearce Towers but the thought is putting me off! Love the design here - beautiful colours and stamping. Thank you for entering the Lavinia Challenge and good luck in the draw - Hellen DT x

Jacee said...

Gorgeous sue, so very pretty!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Jomada-Dawn said...

This is so delightful! Beautiful colours, lovely embellisments (I've gone looking for the Tattered Lace die!) and a great composition with those wonderful new stamps - I can hardly wait for the Happy Stampers show next month, I know I'll be buying some of these!
Thanks for sharing and good luck in the challenge
Dawn

rachel said...

Hiya Sue - this is stunning - perfect for the challenge - and so very well done on your win - I was very excited when i saw your name! I hope the builder is back soon - sounds like major work going on - my rewiring should be completed tomorrow - fingers crossed!! Thanks for sticking with me during my absence - I have my broadband back now - so I should be commenting as normal! Big hugs rachel xx

Liz said...

Congratulations on your win. You can never have too many Lavinia stamps! I love the design of this card and the background is just stunning.

Good luck with the building work. :-) xx

Sarn said...

That's a really LOVELY looking card Sue. Congrats on your win.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Michelle J M said...

Congratulations on your win Sue, very well deserved. Your fairy cards are the best! The flower arrangement is fabulous too. Hope things are moving on quickly at home and that you will soon have your house back together again. Michelle x

maria's knutselplezier said...

Woooooooww, this looks like a real fairytail, great design, wonderfull colours , great mix of products , you really are the best!! Congrats for this!!! I really , really love it!!!

Greetings
Maria

Unknown said...

There is a lovely warmth, a glow to this, so pretty. Many thanks for joining the Lavinia Stamps challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous warm feel to this card which obviously comes from your super colour choice..... Just beautiful..... Thanks for entering the Lavinia Challenge and Good Luck...... Marianne DT xxx

Anonymous said...

Out of all the entries this is by far my favourite. Love the colours.

Jan said...

Such a beautiful Card . I entered the challenge for the first time . Love my stamps .,I'm a newbie in the creative craft world just discovering some hidden talent and fun especially with these stamps . New to blog land also and wonderful,people have been helping long distance . Remodeled our kitchen so I can empathize . Worth it in the end .

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Wow gorgeous Sue ! I love the colours and design. Have a great day, Shirleyxx