Followers

Thursday 24 September 2015

Playing In My She Shed

Well I can't believe how fast time has gone by since my last post. I'm glad to say that the builders have now finished. The plasterer had done his bit for the builder but we want a couple more ceilings taken back to smooth (rather than artex) and they are coming in at the beginning of next week. At the moment we are trying to get our bedroom painted just so we can move some furniture into there while the other ceilings are done. Anyway while the builders were here I slipped into my She Shed and had a play with the Lavinia Stamps again. When I had to move stuff out of my craftroom in the house I found a box of die cut shapes for stamping and matting, part of a bundle that I had bought a few years ago from QVC. The card was from Kanban so all good quality and was crying out to be used. Below are two of the cards that I made while I was playing, the first made with the same colours that I used in my recent challenge card for Lavinia and the second in blues and greens.



The flowers were made using a Tattered Lace die and embossing folder set and coloured using distress inks, the sentiments are from a collection that I bought from Crafters Companion. I had quite a few play days in the Shed before I had to come in and join in with the decorating (not my favourite way of using paints, but needs must I suppose). I still have some bits from my playing to show you but they do need finishing properly before I post them on here.


Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

12 comments:

Liz said...

Oh WOW! Two stunning cards. I especially love the colours on the top one. xx

Jo said...

Beautiful.....gorgeous colours.
hugs Jo x

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant cards Sue, vibrancy, elegance and beauty so love the images and colours...
 {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

Aquarius said...

Two gorgeous cards - wouldn't know which one to choose. It is amazing what you come across when tidying or moving craft stash!!

Doreen said...

Love the fab images and colours,just gorgeous.xxx

Chrissy said...

Two BEAutiful cards Sue..love the gorgeous stamps..went over to the Lavina store and added a few into my cart..now I have someone to blame..lol..gorgeous work.

luv CHRISSYxx

rachel said...

two stunning cards Sue - both are just gorgeous! I'm so pleased your builders have finished - decorating is on going here and will be for some time although i have decided I'll have to get somebody in to do the majority of it as I'm rubbish at papering! Poor penny has got my work on her walls - but she's happy!!! Hugs rachel x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

LOL, I only have myself to blame. I love all of the gorgeous stamps on in their store and just had to have the new ones. Thanks for the comment. Sue xx

Jacee said...

Wonderful! what lovely cards, so glad you managed to get down to your 'shed' and that alls going well with the work on your house
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design
''

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Sue, both of your designs using the beautiful Lavinia stamps are gorgeous. Sounds like you are having fun finding 'lost' stash and playing in a 'She Shed' ! I hope the home renovations are going well, Shirleyxx

Julie Smith said...

These two cards are stunning Sue and the die cut flowers are very realistic
Julie x

maria's knutselplezier said...

Two amazing cards , great colours , great images , so lovely and dreamy, I really love them both!!

Greetings
Maria