Followers

Monday 17 September 2018

Steampunk/Goth Wedding

The other day I showed you a project made from the Creative Craft Academy, today I'm back with the project I made with some of the paints left over. The bit that was done with the same technique was the background, which I wanted to look like a piece of rusty metal. I've made this picture box for my Niece and her soon to be new Husband (they are getting married on the 12th October) who are both into Steampunk and Gothic. In fact this is the theme to their wedding. I saw the sculls on The Craft Box website and as soon as I saw them I knew that I needed to make them something with them, along with the cog corners which were also from The Craft Box. I had plenty of metal embellishments that I've put with them, just adding a bit of gold gilding wax onto the metal to make them a bit brighter. the paper roses were in my stash and I darkened that edge of those with distress ink. The circles in the other corners were left over from another project but seemed to fit in with this perfectly. I just hope that they both like it now it's finished. I'm off now to join in with the More Mixed Media Challenge.



Just need to make a card now.

Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sue this is a amazing project I love the design and the colours are wonderful
Thank you for sharing

Hugs Debs xxx

brenda said...

How dramatic is this Sue, colours and design all work together perfectly.

B x

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Hi Sue! Very COOL card!

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Sue, very striking - a wonderful gift for your Niece and her husband to be.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Janice said...

I love how you’ve added some pretty elements to this goth/punk project. Your niece and new hubby will be delighted with it I’m sure.
Janice x

Joan said...

Fabulous piece Sue, great contrast with the skulls and the flowers


Joan

Mrs A. said...

I'm not into steam punk or gothic but i do like what you have made here . Sure to go down well with them. Hugs Mrs A.

aussie aNNie said...

Love what you made Sue, so many punky elements.x

scrappymo! said...

They are so going to love this!
Great job here, Sue.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is stunning Sue. You've done an amazing job here making something Gothic into a thing of real beauty. The skulls look superb and they make the perfect focal point, then the red roses give it a wonderful burst of colour and dimension. Your Niece and her soon to be new hubby will love this, as do I x