Followers

Sunday 7 April 2019

April Showers Bring May Flowers

At the end of February I was very lucky to win the Challenge over on the Stamping Sensations Challenge blog. The lovely ladies at Stamping Sensations have have asked me to be their guest this month April, for their new challenge which for this month is April Showers Bring May Flowers. I used a mixture of stamps to make my card starting with the Rain Drops stamps by Ryn, which I embossed with white embossing powder before blending blue ink all over the background. I then stamped and coloured some Heartfelt Creations stamps, Cheery Pansies and adding some micro beards to the centres. I mounted the background and the pansies onto some gold mirri card and popped onto a 7x7 card base. Finally I settled on a sentiment from Stampscapes which I felt went with the nature theme of the card. Do pop over to the Stamping Sensations blog and take a look at the fabulous cards that the DT have provided for inspiration this month, along with a great prize too provided by Be Creative who are giving a £25.00 voucher to spend in their store.



Thank you for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

9 comments:

Viv said...

A gorgeous card as our GDT at Stamping Sensations Sue! Loved it.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This card is an absolute stunner Sue and you've really done us proud as our GD. I love the subtle raindrops in the background and the Pansies look incredible! Beautiful colours, sentiment and layout....I love it! Crafty hugs, Sandra x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Sue, pretty Pansies and great background - lovely words.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

brenda said...

You already know how much I love those glorious Pansies Sue and those bold colours stand out beautifully against the raindrop background, it's a perfect inspirational card for our April theme at Stamping Sensations, my thanks for being our Guest Designer.

B x

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Lovely card!

Sally H said...

Wow, Sue! This is an absolutely gorgeous creation!I love the pansies - beautifullycoloured and cut out. Thanks so much for being our GDT this month. You have really done us proud xxx

Mia said...

Really amazing card, Sue! Kisses!

Lynne K said...

A stunning card for your very well deserved GDT spot, Sue. The pansies are amazing. They really pop against the lovely soft raindrop background. Great sentiment too. Thank you for being our GDT.

PS. Thanks also for your lovely comment on my blog. I do love living by the river and watching all the wildlife. Not worried by the flooding, fortunately our house is too high above the river for it ever to reach us, but the power of the water when it's in spate is awesome.

Lynne xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful stamp, I have the lovely raindrop stamps too and they are effective...xx