Followers

Saturday 20 April 2019

Spring Flowers

I been rather quite lately what with my Mum coming home from Hospital (glad to say she back to normal now) and the Easter hols. But in between I have managed to get some crafting done, just not had time to share with you all. Here is my card for today, it's similar to one that I made at a Phil Martin workshop at the end of last year but I've put my own twist on it. I started with an 8x8 card base and black card for the matting, some white card cut slightly smaller than the black which I coloured with distress inks. I then sprayed Dylusions Shimmer Sprays onto my glass mat and mopped up some of the colour onto the background I had made. I repeated this for the centre circle and added a sentiment from Chocolate Baroque. I made some flowers that from a die that was bought from the Internet and mopped up more spray from the mat before putting together on the card with some die cuts of leaves, from another die bought from the Internet.

Hope you are all enjoying this wonderful weather that we're having at the moment, I'm off to my Sister-in-laws this afternoon.



I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Allsorts..... Blossoms, Butterflies and Bugs
A Bit More Time To Craft..... Anything Goes
Back To Basics and Beyond..... Use A Spray
My Time To Craft..... Spring Flowers

Thank you for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

18 comments:

brenda said...

Glorious colours Sue, lovely background and more pretty blooms, perfect for our 'Blossoms, Butterflies and Bugs' theme at Allsorts challenge, lovely to have you join us.

Enjoy the weather and the Easter break.

B x

Jo said...

Beautiful.....love the colours you chose, the black is a perfect mat for those layers & those flowers are fab!Happy Easter to you! x

Sherri Thacker said...

These sprays are beautiful that you used for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Back to Basics and Beyond.

Viv said...

Fabulous card Sue!

Aquarius said...

A beautiful floral card and the coloured inked background is wonderful

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Lovely card!

Mrs A. said...

I do like your mopped up flowers. Given the card a lovely individual look. Happy Easter
Wishes. Hugs Mrs A.

Lowcarb team member said...

That's a lovely card.

All the best Jan

Dawn Phillips said...

Such a pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Back to Basics and Beyond. Love Dawn x

meg said...

beautiful background colours that look great with the black matt, the touch of gold in the flowers is a perfect finishing touch, thank you for joining in at BBB

Mia said...

I am glad that your mother came home, Sue.
I simply llllllllove your card. Happy Easter, my friend.

Catie Cuddles said...

Love the flowers and the way that you've arranged them. Thanks for joining us at Back to Basics and Beyond challenge blog.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Sue, you have created a beautiful background and your matching flowers are so pretty - a fabulous card.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mervi said...

Gorgeous blossoms and pretty card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts ;-))m

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Janice said...

Beautiful colours and those flowers are just amazing Sue!
Janice x

Mummylade said...

Amazing colour combination! Thank you for entering our challenge at Allsorts with your creation.

rachel said...

So pretty Sue - this is lovely xx