Followers

Saturday 30 March 2019

Bee Awesome

When I saw what the challenge was over on the Allsorts Challenge blog this week (it's to use Yellow) I knew straight away what stamps I was going to use. I have fallen in love with the Pink Ink stamps and am now the proud owner of 11 of them. This is the first outing for not only this beautiful Bee but of any of the ones that I have.The bee is quite a focal point as the card base I used is 7x7. I stamped using a stamp platform just to make sure that I got a good image before changing to a smaller block to use some of the extra stamps in the set around the outside of the card. Then I stamped onto heat proof acetate for the wings using StazOn,, again I used the stamp platform for this as I find stamping onto acetate a bit tricky. Then I coloured in the back with a clear sparkle pen and left to dry before cutting out and sticking to the bee. I don't think you can tell that they are separate in this photo so next time I might just try a pale blue sparkle pen.


Thank you for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

21 comments:

Valerija said...

WOW what a fabulous card. Love the colours.
Valerija xx

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Cooool!

Carole said...

This is super and what a statement bee! I bet the acetate looks great in real life! x

Ellibelle said...

It's a beautiful card, Sue. Love the interesting background and the bee is so wonderfully detailed! So glad you decided to join us this week at Allsorts challenge! I did notice that you forgot to leave a link to us, although you mentioned our challenge. Please be sure to leave a link back to the challenge blog too.
I hope you join us again this week!

Kathleen said...

That is a gorgeous bee image and a really lovely card. Thank you for joining our 'Use Yellow' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath x

Dora said...

Awesome. Fantastic made. I love this.

Joan said...

This is stunning Sue, love the bee ( on my wish list!)


Joan

Liz said...

Oh WOW, what an amazing bee, Sue! Fabulous card. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful bee on this card Sue, amazing yellows.

brenda said...

Just beautiful Sue and I keep reading about Pink Ink stamps yet know little about them so it will come as no surprise to know it's on my list to check them out at Ally Pally this weekend. Thanks so much for joining in our 'Use Yellow' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Carol said...

Wow - what an eye-catching card. I caught sight of it on my Blog list and had to come to look properly.
A beautiful card Sue.
Carol
xx

Jane Willis said...

What a gorgeous card. Love the colouring on the bee, you've really given it life and dimension

gwen70 said...

Super card, love it

rachel said...

wow - need to check this one out Sue - he's magnificient - beautiful work! Big hugs Rachel xx

Linby said...

I'm so pleased that my challenge at Allsorts inspired you to make this beautiful card - it's just stunning. I have just got my first Pink Ink stamp but not used it yet!
Thanks for joining in with my challenge to use yellow at Allsorts.
Lynn x
DT

cotnob said...

A super card Sue, your bee is fabulous and I love the background you have created.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Janice said...

A stunning card Sue, the detail on the bee is amazing. I can imagine it’s wings look real!
Janice x

Darnell said...

I don't like bees very close to me in person, but I think they are the most gorgeous little creatures in art! I LOVE this one and how you have showcased him, Sue! The coloring is exactly like golden honey and I can just imagine the schparkle!! Hugs, Darnell

Jules said...

Hi Sue

What a stunning card. I love that bee image and how you have used it very, very much!

Great use of the colour yellow that's for sure.

Hope you are having a good week.

Love Jules xx

Mrs A. said...

He looks just like the real thing. Love your colouring. So far the new router is behaving itself. Hugs Mrs A.

scrappymo! said...

This is lovely, Sue. That bee is spectacular! Love that you did the wings in acetate! Great idea.