Followers

Tuesday 26 March 2019

Our New Arrival

I would like to show off my new Grandson Eric Steven (named after his two Grandfathers). He was born on 18th March and although both of these photos were taken at the hospital he was born at home on the stairs, delivered by my son-in-law. My daughter said she had been having a few niggles but nothing major since about 2.00 in the afternoon. Then at 5.30 they got a bit stronger so I got a phone call asking if I would have our eldest grandson for the night this was about 5.55. Son-in-law dropped him off at 6.05 and got home just in time to ring the ambulance and be talked through the delivery. By 6.22 Eric was here. I'm glad to say that everything went well and apart from being taken to hospital and kept in for the night Mum and baby are both doing well. He wasn't due until today, so I had no card ready (it was still on my to do list). Andrew our eldest grandson loves his baby brother and delights in showing him of to all the visitors that they have at the moment, I'm sure that the novelty will wear of soon.



Above the brothers meet for the first time


Below, my card which I managed to make and will be delivering this morning. I used a Groovi plate for this my second parchment card. I've not added any colour just used a royal blue card behind for and some beads which was how I attached the parchment to the card.


 Thanks you for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue


14 comments:

Jane Willis said...

Congratulations to all of you - what en exciting way to arrive into the world. He and his daddy will always share an extra special bond. He is gorgeous - and so is your card.

Mia said...

Oh he is sooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!
And a lovely card for a lovely occasion, Sue.
Hugs, my friend.

cotnob said...

Congratulations Sue, he looks adorable - how lovely to name him after his Grandfathers.
Your card is beautiful, so soft and delicate.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Aquarius said...

That's an interesting way to enter the world - thanks for sharing the photos. The card is beautiful and using beads to attach parchment is such a good idea - I can never quite make up my mind how to attach the work to the card and often struggle to work out what colour to put behind as well. It is all a learning curve.

Carole said...

OOhhh I am all goosebumps after reading this! Where shall I start? CONGRATULATIONS! to all, what a beautiful little boy and a very proud brother too. So glad they are all OK and well done to your Son-in-Law for playing midwife. On to your cars which is STUNNING...and areal keepsake to be treasured. I am sure it involved a lot of work and even more love. Enjoy your new Grandson. xx

Liz said...

Congratulations to you all on the safe arrival of your new grandson! Eric is adorable and I'm sure he'll be told about his eventful birth when he's older. Your son-in-law did really well in his unplanned job as midwife! Your card is just stunning, Sue, such a beautiful design. xx

Dora said...

Congratulations with the arrival of your grandson.
Beautiful boy. Wow. born on the stairs. Great that everything went well. Enjoy! Beautiful card. so elegant!

aussie aNNie said...

BEAUTIFUL PARCHMENT card and most handsome grandson, congrats to all.xx

Carol said...

What a way to arrive. Congratulations to all. Lovely card too.
Carol xx

brenda said...

Well Sue, I came to see your bird card and of course had to come and see what the excitement was, what a way to arrive and so pleased all is well and congratulations to you all.

Beautiful parchment work, I've actually just been looking at the various borders as I need to expand from what I've done so far - flowers and trees of course.

B x

Valerija said...

Congratulations to all of you. He is so sweet.
Your card is wonderful too.
Valerija xx

rachel said...

aw Eric is fabulous - and what a begining for him! Your card is so special Sue - a real beauty xx

Janice said...

Congratulations Sue on your new grandson, he is absolutely gorgeous! A beautiful card to welcome him too.
Enjoy your cuddles.
Janice x

scrappymo! said...

He is so sweet...and so is your card! Bet you are really enjoying him. Your little grandson looks so proud to be a big brother!