Followers

Friday 1 March 2019

My First Parchment Card

Sometime ago I treated myself to the starter kit for the Groovi, then a couple of weeks ago they had a smaller starter kit on Hochanda and I treated myself to that too. So when it arrived I decided rather that put it to one side I would get the first one out and combine the two. This is the result of my playing. It's for my Daughter and Son-in-laws Wedding Anniversary today and I'm glad to say that she loved it. My first attempt ended in the bin as I very stupidly put the names on the right side (on the back of the work) at the top turned it over to look at and then put the parchment down and started on the Happy Anniversary on front of the card, which of course was the wrong side to do it. The backing paper is from the Rainbow River collection.



Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

14 comments:

Mia said...

Ι love your beautiful parchment card, Sue. I still have not tried this technique but definitely I will. Kisses, my friend.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Beautiful!

Liz said...

This is just stunning, Sue! The design is so pretty and delicate. xx

MiamiKel said...

OH Sue, this card is a delight! I love the soft parchment of it and the vellum look - what a fun technique and a delightful card! Thanks for sharing! xx

aussie aNNie said...

You did very well Sue, love doing parchment and have been also playing last few days...great result.xx

Aquarius said...

Great result from your first foray into Groovi - one thing I found early on was the need for concentration especially when turning parchment over to check or admire and then working on the wrong side!! Mirror writing is another hazard to watch out for.

brenda said...

A delightful creation as always Sue, hubby bought me a whole bundle for Christmas but have to confess apart from two cards really not felt up to any craft outside must do DT work for weeks.

B x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Sue, so soft and delicate - I'm sure it will be treasured.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jules said...

Hi Sue

This is beautiful .. .. can't believe it is your first attempt .. .. so many lovely elements.

Love those cute little birds and how you have personalised it.

A real keepsake.

Hope you are having a lovely weekend.

Love Jules xx

Dora said...

Indeed, this is beautiful. So delecate.

Joan said...

It's beautiful, so delicate

Joan

Karen Dunleavey said...

Ha - I knew Groovi would get you in the end! I love it, I don't do enough of it as I have so much else I also want to do. It is as addictive as any other form of crafting and I bet you'll soon be picot cutting with the best of them. I fully expect your cutting to be the neatest I have ever seen as you have the best 'eye' for lining things up and neatness ever.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Very pretty Sue. I'm always in awe of people who do parchment as it always looks so intricate. I don't think I would dare start collecting anything else or there would be a divorce in this house and I would definitely need a bigger craft room. Well done you for trying your hand at something new, you've done a great job x

rachel said...

Lovely card Sue - my mum loves groovi but its not for me - love the results though xx