Followers

Saturday 28 September 2019

Whale Hello

This week over on the Allsorts Challenge Blog they want to see things for Boys to Men. This card is for a friend who's birthday is tomorrow and as he doesn't look at my blog I'm fine to post it on here early. Again I've used a Pink Ink stamp and this time the beautiful whale. I've been whale watching twice now and on both occasions was lucky enough to see these magnificent creatures. The second time was with the friend this card is for, hopefully it will bring back memories of the great time we had. The background was created using Distress Oxide Sprays in various colours of blue and green, then when dry I over stamped using similar colours around the edge and then stamped the main images in black. Finally I stamped the large whale again and coloured then fussy cut it out and stuck over the top.


Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

13 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

You are definitely rocking the Pink Ink stamps Sue and this is another beauty. I love your background x

brenda said...

A lovely Ocean scene Sue, a great Birthday card for your friend ans also out 'Men to Boys' theme at Allsorts, thanks for joining us again.

B x

cotnob said...

A super card Sue, a fabulous background and beautiful whales.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Kathleen said...

A great background Sue and some lovely images, sentiment made me smile, looks as though they are having a whale of a time too. Thank you for joining our 'Boys to Men' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

aussie aNNie said...

These stamps look fabulous and love your DOS background...looks awesome...xx

Swissie said...

Wonderful card, Sue! Those lovely colours!
Thank you for your comment on my white on white card!
Hugs, Liv (Swissie)

Linby said...

What a fab scene you created and with a lovely inky background too.
Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.
Lynn x
DT

rachel said...

Just love these stamps sue and this card is so beautiful! Love it! Hugs rachel x

Mrs A. said...

This is awhile of a card. i love your design. Hugs Mrs A.

Joan said...

Fab card Sue, love the colours and that lovely stamp. I'm sitting on my hands over buying any more Stamps until I go to Stamperama in November, but I do keep getting tempted by the Pink ink ones😄

scrappymo! said...

I think I just might be able to guess who this card is for!

Fabulous masculine card and that whale image is fantastic, Sue.

Janice said...

A fabulous card Sue, beautiful background as always.
Janice x

Jules said...

Hi Sue

Wow!! A fabulous card. I love the background you have created for those lovely creatures.

I bet your friend loved your card .. .. especially as it will bring back special memories.

I would frame it and keep it always!

Hope all is well with you. Many thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. Getting there very slowly with Mum .. .. I think!

Love Jules xx