Followers

Sunday 3 February 2019

Snippets Playground

The last couple of weeks my Mojo went for a walkabout and I found it very difficult to get motivated. However a little bit of snow and it came running back again (I'm glad to say). The other week on Create and Craft Kanban had some lovely looking dies, they came with a card kit as well. Normally I don't buy kits as they just stay sat in a box unused. But this weekend I decided to get one sheet out and make it up. This card was made using the smallest of the elements on the sheet, die cut using the die with the set, as are the top two layers of matting. I needed a background to put onto the card, so I went to one of my many boxes of printed papers (these have been either cut down or discarded after being printed for one reason or another) and found this which matches perfectly. I didn't even need to cut it to size, just pop it onto the top of a piece of silver mirri card. As I used a scrap or left over piece of backing paper it gives me a good excuse to pop over to Pixies Snippets Playground this week.



Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

14 comments:

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

How beautiful! Have a nice new week Sue!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Such a beautiful and very elegant card Sue. The flowers look so pretty and they match the background perfectly x

Liz said...

Very elegant card, Sue. The decorative die cut is so pretty and frames the lovely image beautifully. xx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Sue, such a lovely topper and pretty papers.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

rachel said...

This is lovely Sue - really very pretty - kits have their place and hopefully this one will help you with your mojo..Certainly looks like its back to me. Big hugs rachel x

Carole said...

Very pretty Sue.xx

aussie aNNie said...

Happy your mojo came back Sue, been popping in to see anything new and was concerned something was wrong. A beautiful super card, so feminine.
Yes, scrap pages while mum is around, I have stories from my mum and dad and embedded in my mind which I now have completed two large albums from the times they were POW's in WW11 in Germany to the day they passed away..xx

Aquarius said...

Love the delicate colouring of this card - the lacy edge on the die sets the image off nicely.

brenda said...

A beautifully elegant feel to your pretty card Sue.

B x

Janice said...

Gorgeous card Sue, so elegant. I love the detail on the die.
Janice x

Carol L said...

Your mojo has been found again! This card is so lovely with that beautiful die cut and wonderful image!

Di said...

Wow Sue - what a pretty card. So delicate and of course I adore the pink! Lovely to see you in the Playground once again.

Hugs

Di xx

Joan said...

Very pretty Sue, I love the die


Joan

laurie said...

So delicate and beautiful! Very pretty card!