Followers

Thursday 9 May 2019

Floating Frame Card

 While on a visit around blogland earlier this week I came across a technique that I had not heard of before. It was over on Val's blog Aquarius and she also shared a link to a fantastic video by Jennifer Mcguire. It was this video that I followed and was able to achieve the two cards below. I wont go into details as the video does explain it far better than I ever could but I did use stamps and dies from Crafters Companions new triple layer stamps and the sentiment stamps were also Crafters Companion too.




Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

10 comments:

Jane Willis said...

What gorgeous cards. A really unusual and interesting technique, your results are fantastic

Aquarius said...

Thanks for the mention - your floating die cut frame is brilliant. I realised that my original one wasn't truly floating and had another go although I don't think I will bother to buy the sticky film as it isn't a technique I want to use a lot. I did the second one by substituting some masking paper from a roll which I've had for some years and managed to produce the proper floating effect.

Crafting Queen said...

Two stunning cards!

Jo said...

These look fantastic Sue....off to check out that video xx

cotnob said...

Two beautiful cards Sue, a fabulous technique - I will have to take a look at this, thank you for the inspiration.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mrs A. said...

Totally intrigued with these cards . Love them both. Off to investigate now. Hugs Mrs A.

aussie aNNie said...

Sweet card and so gorgeous design. Thanks for your sweet comment and taking the opportunity to use DIL computer to say Hello...hugs..
[aussie aNNie blog] ♥ ♥

Janice said...

Two gorgeous cards Sue, a very unusual technique...off to check it out now.
Janice x

Sarn said...

Great technique resulting in two lovely cards. TERRIFIC sentiment too.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Very clever technique and they look great Sue. It's lovely to find and try something new isn't it. Beautiful colour too x