Followers

Saturday 4 April 2020

Something New

I've been a bit quiet the last few days, my mojo did go walk about for a while but I'm also working on something that I can't show you at the moment. My card today was made a the beginning of the week for my mum's good friend and nextdoor neighbour who turned 80 on Thursday. I then popped out and put it through her door so she would have it for her Birthday. I made it using Heartfelt Creations Country Cottage Collection for the Hydrangea and I used the Tea Time Collection for the backing papers. The stamp and Dies on the card where used for the first time so just right for entering this weeks challenge over at the Allsorts Challenge Blog, who are asking for Something Old, Something New and also the NBUS challenge which is a new challenge blog (NBUS stands Never Before Used Stuff). Previously this challenge has been held but through someones personal blog,now it has been set up as a challege blog. You just need to use something that has previously not been used, I'm sure that there are lots of us using unused stash at the moment.



Thank you for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Take care and stay safe
Sue

16 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card for this lovely lady...the hydrangea is gorgeous.
ooooh suspense is going to kill us, what you are up to....take care.xx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Sue, a special card for a special Birthday - I'm sure it was much appreciated.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Carole said...

Beautiful card and I am sure you made her day with it! What a super hydrangea you have created...so realistic. x

Viv said...

This is soo pretty Sue!

Aquarius said...

Such a beautiful delicate background image and that hydrangea looks so much like the real thing. Wonderful and I'm sure it was appreciated.

Sarn said...

What a lovely card Sue. The dimension on that beautiful big hydrangea is amazing. I'm sure the recipient loved it.

Good luck with your secret project. I think a lot of crafter's mojo's did a runner for a while. Hopefully, once we've adapted to the new way of life, they will return!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

scrappymo! said...

This is a beautiful card. I am in love with that hydrangea!

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning card, I am sure she will love it.

Darnell said...

This is more of a gift than a card, Sue, and I'm sure your neighbor will keep it on display! That hydrangea looks as beautiful as a real one! Thank you for sharing at NBUS. I thought it would be more fun to make new graphics and give NBUS its own place rather than just have it hidden in the depths of my blog. Take care and be safe! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

Wow--that flower is gorgeous! What a great card!

Janice said...

Wow, this is beautiful Sue! Gorgeous hydrangea on a pretty background.
Janice x

Jules said...

Hi Sue

What a super special and beautiful card .. .. .. definitely a mantelpiece card!!!

The flower is stunning!! Love it very much and I bet your Mum's neighbour did too.

Love Jules xx

Helen F. said...

What a lovely birthday card for your Mum's friend! I'm sure you totally brightened her day, Sue! Love the Hydrangea flower

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Your recipient will treasure this beautiful card Sue.... I must get that die!

June

Mummylade said...

What a lovely project! Thank you for playing along with us at Allsorts in our flowers or showers challenge.

Janis said...

Saw your gorgeous card on NBUS. What a beautiful stamp and die set. So glad you shared it with us!
Hope you are well during this crazy time!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com