Followers

Saturday 25 April 2020

April Rudolph Days

Nearly the end of April already and time again for the Rudolph Days Challenge. I was lucky enough to go to a Craft Show at Farnbough at the end of February, before social distancing began. I saw the die and stamp that I have used for this card on a very similar card on one of the stalls there. The die is from Precious Marieke and called Winter Flowers and the Stamp was from Nellie Snellen stamps called Deer In The Forest. I started by cutting out my frames 4 in silver mirri card and 4 in gold mirri card I then cut out 8 pieces of white card the same size as the frame. Then using a stamp press I stamped with black ink all 8 pieces the same. I then took some double sided sticky sheets and again cut them to the same size as the frames and stuck one side to the stamped image. I then removed the other side of the double sided sticky sheet and placed the frame over the top then covered the whole topper in irridescent clear glitter, this then gives the whole scene a frosty/misty look. To finish I used an A5 white card base and a sentiment die from Sue Wilson. They were really quite easy to make. As normal Maureen has got a wonderful prize for one lucky person to be picked at random. So do go and take a look at the inspiration for you this month and even join in with the fun, you can start your stash for this coming December or add to one you have already started.






Thank you for taking the time to look and your kind comments which always appreciated.
Take care and stay safe everyone
Sue

18 comments:

brenda said...

The gold and white combination looks very classy Sue.

B x

cotnob said...

A beautiful collection of cards Sue, a fabulous design - very elegant.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Bunny said...

These are beautiful. You were fortunate to get them right before everything started shutting down. It's nice to have cards made ahead. [Bunny]

Aquarius said...

I can quite see how you were tempted with this brilliant. die for the frame and the image could have been made for it. I was going to say what a beautiful card and then see that you've made no less than 8 - well done. The sparkle is great and I'm sure it looks even better for real.

aussie aNNie said...

These are lovely Sue,xx

Mrs A. said...

Gorgeous makes. Those frames absolutely nail these cards. Farnborough seems like a lifetime away now. Stay safe and well. Hugs Mrs A.

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful cards, I love your die cut frame.

scrappymo! said...

You have made such a beautiful card as your design team inapiration work for our Rudolph Days Challenge. I thought perhaps you had used the glitter over the Sook Wang type sheet. I love the misty look...very ethereal!

That Precious Marieke die is gorgeous and looks so good with that sentiment!

Take care and hugs to both you and to Steve.

Maureen

Carol L said...

I am blown away by the beautiful scene covered in glitter and surrounded with a fabulous mirror card frame! Your design is just amazing and the results are absolutely stunning! Beautiful cards!

Vicky Hayes said...

These are beautiful cards Sue! The intricate golden frames and the sparkling misty forest scene makes them look like illustrations from a fairy tale! Take care, Vicky x

Janice said...

Beautiful cards Sue, I love the scene against the gold frame.
Janice x

Linby said...

This is so beautiful, I do love how you put it together - and more than once! I'm not good at batch making lol!

Joan said...

A lovely set of cards Sue with the gold and white theme. I had forgotten all about the glitter technique so thanks for the reminder

Joan

rachel said...

These are beautiful Sue - such a pretty image and the die is gorgeous! I wonder if craft shows will happen again this year? I suspect it will certainly be a while! Stay safe! Hugs rachel x

Jules said...

Hi Sue

Loving your fabby collection of Christmas cards. The dear scene looks fabulous behind that ornate frame.

Great sentiment die too!

Hope you are managing OK during lock-down.

Love Jules xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Sue,
Happy Rudolf Days.
Oh I love these wonderful makes they are gorgeous.
Love the glitzy scene in the centre and that gold fame is very luxurious.
Really like that Happy Christmas die it's a gorgeous font.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Greta said...

So elegant & beautiful!

Carol said...

Lovely cards Sue. I love the snow storm effect.
Thank you very much for my prize. I have posted on UKSN.
Carol
xx