Followers

Thursday 11 March 2021

Use Yellow

I'm back again today to share a card that I've made for the Allsorts Challenge this week which is Use Yellow.  I recently treated myself to the Tim Holtz Perspective Butterfly Die and I've been itching to use it. This challenge seem like the right time to get it out and give it a go. The background has been made using oxide sprays in yellow tones, when dry it was cut to size and then I went over it with a Lavinia stencil using Scattered Straw Distress Ink. After cutting the butterfly from 300 gsm card stock I blended Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade and Vintage Photo Distress Inks over the butterfly, then I inked all over with Versamark and embossed with Wow Clear Gloss embossing powder. I will admit to this die being far bigger that I first though when I bought it. The card base is a 7x7 and as you can see the butterfly at an angle fills the space. I've not added a sentiment to the card yet as I'm not sure where it's going to go.

I'm also going to pop along to the Butterfly Challenge this time. Although my card does not fill all of the requirements it is using a yellow which covers the Jasmine colour and off course the butterfly is there too. And finally as this is new and not been used before I'm going to pop along to the NBUS challenge too.

Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue
 

16 comments:

Linby said...

I'm so pleased the challenge prompted you to use your new stash and to make such a beautiful card. It looks amazing. Thanks for joining in with my use yellow theme at Allsorts challenge this week.
Lynn x

Aquarius said...

Butterflies are everywhere at the moment in the craft world but this has to be the largest one I've seen so far. Lovely bright colours and I'm sure it looks spectacular in real life with the embossing.

Viv said...

Such a pretty butterfly Sue. Lovely card! x

Mervi said...

Beautiful bold butterfly, lovely card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, love the yellow. Anesha

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful and love this card and fantastic results. xx

Liz said...

Fabulous card Sue, such a striking design using all the shades of yellow. xx

brenda said...

What a glorious Butterfly Sue and the Lavinia stencil is so delicate, thanks so much for joining in with our 'Yellow' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Sue, a gorgeous Butterfly, I can see why you had to have that die and lovely rich papers.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

What a super die, it must be huge. I have the smaller TH butterfly and I have to say that I love it as it's great to colour. A lovely card Sue x

Darnell said...

It would be magical to come across this stunning giant butterfly in nature! The coloring you've achieved is a wonderful yellow tone-on-tone blend, Sue, and the textured monotone background is perfect as a landing! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Be safe! Hugs, Darnell

Mrs A. said...

What a beauty this card is. I love the hold butterfly. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. You certainly wouldn't miss seeing this one flying around. Hugs Mrs A.

Sarn said...

Wow - what a gorgeous butterfly. Great monochromatic card.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Janice said...

Stunning butterfly Sue, set against a gorgeous background.
Janice x

Susan Renshaw said...

This is lovely Sue. I maybe need to try some of those yellows...
Hope you are keeping well - missing all the retreats - another anniversary today!

MiaS said...

Love the colour of the butterfly.