Followers

Thursday 21 April 2016

Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge

I was inspired by the colours of this months Chocolate Baroque challenge and also by the the tulips that have just opened in my garden. So using one of last years Year of Stamping Tulips made the card below to enter.



I stamped the smaller of the two stamps using Memento ink and coloured using distress pens, I then cut out the image and mounted onto gold mirri card. The background was made using distress inks and then over stamping with a flourish stamp from the Patchwork Butterflies set. Finally the sentiment is from the Amazing Birthday set.


Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

12 comments:

Aquarius said...

You've interpreted the colours beautifully on this great tulip stamp.

Barb said...

This is a beautiful card Sue. I like the way you've coloured that lovely image and what a gorgeous background. It matches the image perfectly. Barbxx

judith@poppy cottage said...

Hi Sue, a really pretty card, perfect for this time of year. I have some beautiful yellow and orange tulips in my garden at the moment. Love the background that you have created. Thanks for your entry into the Chocolate Baroque Challenge, and well done for being so quick off the mark! Judith xx

rachel said...

gorgeous card Sue - I seem to have missed the current challenge starting - oops! Must go and check it out! You've used the colours beautifully! Hugs rachel x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful choice of colours on this gorgeous card, lovely in all ways.xx

 {aNNie}

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful card Sue, I'm still waiting for the tulips to bloom in our garden. We are now enjoying some nice spring weather. Take care, Shirleyxx

Julie Smith said...

Love your card Sue, the challenge colours work brilliantly with this stamp, thanks for joining in the Chocolate Baroque Challenge and good luck x

maria's knutselplezier said...

This looks so beautiful for a Spring card!!! I love the colours and your background a lot!!!

Greetings
Maria

Claire said...

Beautiful take on the challenge theme and perfect for Spring! I love the stamps you've used too. Thanks so much for joining us at Chocolate Baroque Challenge this time
Claire xx

Vicki said...

This is a glorious card. I was happy to run across it in my travels. : )

annewaller said...

Lovely card. Great colouring and background. Good luck with the Challenge, Anne x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Sue, Congratulations on achieving top 3(4) for your beautiful design. I hope you are doing well, xx