Followers

Sunday 24 April 2016

When I'm 65

Yesterday it was Hubby's birthday and he's reached his official retirement age, although he retired in 2012. We had a quite day together and finished it off with a trip to our local Indian restaurant. I had asked him what he would like to do to mark the occasion and he decided on a birthday tea, so later today I have family and friends arriving for just that. There is going to be loads of sandwiches, nibbles and cake all washed down with party drinks no doubt. As it's his 65th we are celebrating by going away and for this trip we are of to Vancouver and also an Alaskan Cruise. This is something that we have both wanted to do for sometime now. I'm also hoping to meet with a couple of blogging friends while there.

Below are a couple of the cards that I made for him, the first covers his favourite hobby, Fishing. And the second his latest obsession Golf. For the Fishing card I used an image from Joanna Sheen's Nostalgia Collection and dies from All Occasion dies and Tonic. The image show two children a girl and a boy, we have one of each, hubby often took them both with him while fishing but I certainly did not dress my daughter in dresses.



 The second card was made using the Fairway to Heaven stamp from Indigo Blu. It was coloured with distress inks and distress pens with the sentiment being made on the PC.


Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

6 comments:

Aquarius said...

Two great cards and I'm sure he loved them both as they reflect his hobbies. I agree that dresses aren't the right wear for fishing trips but it is a lovely nostalgic image of times gone by.

Flo Langley said...

Two wonderful cards Sue. Belated happy birthday wishes for Steve. Enjoy your travels...lucky girl!! Have you space in your suitcase for one more :) Isn't the blogging world quite small (distance wise) really. I am meeting up with some blogging friends this summer. They are coming over from Australia.
Take care, Flo xx

Barb said...

First may I send Belated Birthday Wishes to your hubby for his special birthday and hope you all enjoy a lovely birthday tea.

Both cards are beautiful and what a lovely idea to reflect his favourite hobbies in your cards. Have a wonderful holiday. Barbxx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Two fantastic manly cards, love all the detail on the top one. Have a fantastic trip, you will love the cruise :) Take care Shirleyxx

rachel said...

two great cards Sue - I love them both but that stamp on the second one is wonderful - I do hope your hubby had a great day and that your upcoming trip goes really well! Hugs rachel x

maria's knutselplezier said...

I just love the second card!!! what a great image!! and I love the quote too!!

Have fun!!

Maria