Followers

Wednesday 20 April 2016

Ooops I Forgot...

... In more ways than one. First I forgot a birthday, my mum's next door neighbour. This is someone that I grew up calling Auntie Margaret and all these years later she is still my mum's neighbour and best friend. Sitting on my desk was a Debbi Moore CD Shabby Chic Enchanted Garden. So I popped it into the disc dive and printed off some papers to use. It's an 8x8 card base and after cutting the backing paper out I went around the edges with some distress ink. The topper was cut out and mounted onto the card using foam tape, the leaves are cut from a Tattered Lace die and the flowers from a Crealies die, The birds are from an X-cut die and coloured with distress inks. Needless to say I used a verse in the card saying how sorry I was that the card was late. The second reason I'm late is that I meant to post this on here at the weekend but forgot again.



Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

3 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful card, I can imagine your Mum's neighbour and best friend loved it. Take care, xx

Aquarius said...

Very pretty scene peeping through the trellis with lovely flowers and birds - hopefully you are forgiven for being late with it.

Liz said...

I'm sure you will be forgiven for being late as it's such a beautiful card. I love the trellis frame and the striking flowers. xx