Followers

Monday 25 April 2016

Rudolph Days Challenge

Wow the 25th of the month sure came around fast this time. I made my entry into the Rudolph Days Challenge at the end of last week, as I knew that today would be hectic. Not only do we have our Grandson for the day, but tomorrow we are up and off at stupid o'clock as we are going to Canada for a holiday. Still most of the bags are packed now just that last few bits to be added. For my card this time I have again gone for snowmen and this lovely stamp I picked up last September at Ally Pally on the Creative Expressions stand for just £3.00 (wood mounted). If I remember correctly it was originally  by Jayne Nesterenko. I stamped on to watercolour card and embossed with black embossing powder before using Aqua markers to colour them. I finished off by going around the outside with blue distress inks.



 As normal for this challenge I made a batch of 4, so my stash is growing every month. I normally like to get around and look at what everyone has made, my apologies for not being able to do that this month.


Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

16 comments:

Barb said...

A gorgeous card Sue. How lucky to get such a bargain stamp. Have a wonderful time on holiday. Barbxx

Aquarius said...

Wow this is gorgeous and what a bargain the stamp was and so cute too. have a wonderful holiday.

rachel said...

Super batch making sue ... love it. Have a really wonderful time in canada. Big hugs rachel x

Liz said...

Brilliant set of cards. Great image and I've love the blue background you've created.

Have a fabulous time in Canada - it's an amazing country to visit.

Visiting today with my Rudolph Days DT member's hat on. Liz xx

mamapez5 said...

That's a fun stamp. I love it. Hope you have a wonderful time in Canada. Kate x

Jenny L said...

Hi Sue,
wonderfully designed cards for the Rudolf Challenge.
Hope you have a very lovely holiday.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Kathleen said...

Wonderful cards, snowmen are my favourite images for Christmas cards and I love this image and the gorgeous background.

Kath x

LesleyG said...

I can hear them singing! Very atmospheric with the inked background xxx

Hellen Pearce said...

fab idea Sue making 4 at a time! Such a lovely design, hope you have a great holiday :-) x

Sue - said...

Love that stamp. I bought it at Ally Pally a few years ago for considerably more and I think I've only used it once! Hope you have a fab time in Canada.

Sally H said...

Gorgeous cards for Rudolf day, Sue! Very envious that you are off to Canada. Hope you have a wonderful time xxx

Valerija said...

A beautiful christmas card. I love the image.
Thank you for joining us at Rudolph Days Challnege. Good Luck.
Hugs,
Valerija - DT member.

MaryH said...

Wow, you've got 4 great cards with this cute Snowy image. Your watercoloring is just wonderful and the intensity of the background is so pretty. Hope your trip is safe & filled with joyful experiences. TFS

maria's knutselplezier said...

Your christmascard is beautiful Sue, what a great idee to start with you christmascards already, for me it's to early, I start always in August and than I have to rush to finisch my 70 cards that I need, and afterwards I don't have the Christmas feeling anymore and have to wait till August from next year!!!

Have fun!!
MAria

Eemeli said...

I am very sorry being this late with my commenting. Thank you for joining our April Rudolp Day challenge, your creation fits for the occasion perfectly.

Hugs,
Eemeli {DT}

Karen Dunbrook said...

sweet card!